This Acceptable Use Policy describes actions that C2Call prohibits Developers and End Users when using the C2Call Platform:
Developers and End User agree not to post or exchange content through the platform that:
- Is sexually explicit or pornographic;
- Creates a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to yourself, to any other person, or to any animal;
- May create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
- Seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- Violates, endorses or encourages any conduct that violates laws or regulations;
- Contains any information or content C2Call deems to be harassing, infringing, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, harmful, threatening, fraudulent, deceptive, obscene, or otherwise unlawful.
- Use C2Call name, trademark, logo or other copyrighted material without our express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Platform;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Platform or any Application;
- Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism of the Platform;
- Using the Platform in any other manner that poses a security or service risk to C2Call, Developers or End Users;
- Use of any automated means such as software or tools including scripts, spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools related to content, user data or advertisements;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized spam and spam comments on posts, advertising messages, promotional materials, email, junk mail, chain letters or any other form of solicitation, including, without limitation, any activities that violate anti-spamming laws and regulations including, but not limited to the CAN SPAM Act of 2003, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act or similar applicable laws and regulations;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Platform;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Platform including launching intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on the Platform;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Offering any Emergency Calling Services that allow a user to connect with emergency services personnel through 911 or any other Emergency Response lines;
- Promoting or engaging in illegal activities;
C2Call may also permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a Developer or End User account without notice and liability for any reason, including if, in C2Call’s sole determination, a Developer or End User violates any provision of this Acceptable Use Policy, or General Terms of Service. C2Call may provide requested information to third parties who have provided notice to C2Call stating that they have been harmed by Developers or End Users failing to comply with C2Call’s Acceptable Use Policy.
C2Call reserves the right to change the Acceptable Use Policy from time to time without notice by posting changes to the C2Call website of any other communicated platform. C2Call will then revise the "last update" date of the Acceptable Use Policy.